Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
User56
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Question about Agent Licence

Post by User56 »

Hello,

Goal: Backup of one Notebook. But with more than one Backup Job.
(because we would like to do Veeam Backup to two different Synology NAS in two different locations)
We don´t need to manage this backup job via the company veeam server / conosle. (but I understand that the existing licence for company vshphere can be used.
The Company Backup Server has Veeam older sand February 2019. Version 9.5 not sure.

Company Backup Server:
Perpetual
Veeam Backup Essentials for VMware and Hyper-V 2 Sockets
Feb. 20, 2021

Veeam Backup Essentials for VMware 4 Sockets
July 16, 2021

Text on the Homepage:
For all Perpetual Licenses with CPU Sockets, Veeam Backup & Replication and Veeam ONE products will enable additional FREE Instance licenses to be available for use - one Instance per each CPU Socket with maximum up to 6 Instances. In case the Subscription License Key is installed, the FREE Instances will no longer be available. This applies as well to license keys merged from Perpetual and Subscription licenses.
For Veeam ONE, these FREE instances can only be used on monitoring and reporting on Veeam Agents from the connected Veeam Backup & Replication.

Listprice: 348.00 €
Pack of 5 Insances, but minimum buy 10:

V-ESSSTD-0I-SU1YP-00
Backup Essentials Instances - Standard -1 Year
Subscription Upfront Billing & Production (24/7) Support -
Instance-based license, sold by bundles of 5, minimum
purchase of 10, maximum purchase of 50 per contract or
installation. Includes VM, Server or Wo

Question: That is the right licence right?

One Notebook is one Instance?

Licence for Agent is only available as Subscription, You can´t buy Agent Licence as Perpetual right?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Question about Agent Licence

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello,
User56 wrote:Question: That is the right licence right?
Here is the sample calculator which shows what license key should be bought in different scenarios: https://www.veeam.com/pricing-instance-calculator
User56 wrote:One Notebook is one Instance?
It depends on what edition you select. Please take a look at "2.1.1. Veeam Instance Licensing conversion table" section in our licensing rules.
User56 wrote:Licence for Agent is only available as Subscription, You can´t buy Agent Licence as Perpetual right?
Yes, Agents are sold in bundles and, right now, there is only the subscription license type.

Thank you!
AlexB82
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Alex

Post by AlexB82 »

Make sure you get the right licence type. If you're running 9.5 U3 or earlier, you can't use the instance licence model designed for U4 +, and Veeam won't let you downgrade a U4 licence to U3 (trust me, I've tried).
User56
Enthusiast
Liked: never

Post by User56 »

Thx for your Input!
A carefull look on it,it looks like this:

Veeam Backup Agent for one Notebook costs 348 EUR for one Year Listprice for Essential Licence
But If I want, I can use the licence on 9 other notebooks. (I think I checked the licence rules pdf)
The licences in the company (older than 9.5 U3 ) will stay independant / devided.

Company:
Perpetual
Veeam Backup Essentials for VMware and Hyper-V 2 Sockets
Feb. 20, 2021

Veeam Backup Essentials for VMware 4 Sockets
July 16, 2021

Best Regards
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2717 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

User56 wrote:]Goal: Backup of one Notebook. But with more than one Backup Job.
(because we would like to do Veeam Backup to two different Synology NAS in two different locations)
Since you want to create two jobs targeted to local repositories, then it is effectively a server edition of the Agent. Please review these links for more info:

1. Search for multiple job
2. Backup Job Settings
User56 wrote:Veeam Backup Agent for one Notebook costs 348 EUR for one Year Listprice for Essential Licence
But If I want, I can use the licence on 9 other notebooks. (I think I checked the licence rules pdf)
I think this is for the Standard edition only, which will leave you with 3 servers in overall, not 9. Please take a look at instance weight in the link from my post above.