Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
kubimike
Veteran
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: MikeO

Question about: changed block tracking map was changed for volume...

Post by kubimike »

Physical server with Veeam agent installed doing backups managed by Veeam not in standalone mode. This has a Synology attached via iscsi, recently a drive failed in the array and I replaced it. The synology rebuilt the RAID group back to normal. I paused all backups when the drive failed. Today when I re-enable the job I get 'changed block tracking map was changed for volume ...' The job is setup as Forever forward since its 36T worth of data. Does this now mean its going to do an active full ? (I hope not, dont have the space) or does it mean that its going to read all the incrementals and make a new incremental ? Would like to know now since an active full takes almost 7 days to complete. We all know what happens after 168 Hours! :shock:
If I have to do an active full I might as well point it to a new repo that has more space. Any insight would be appreciated, I've left the job running for now.
kubimike
Veteran

Re: Question about: changed block tracking map was changed for volume...

Post by kubimike »

From the looks of things its walking the NAS.. All green bar no data transfer ..
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6725 times

Post by Gostev »

kubimike wrote: Jul 20, 2021 8:04 pmDoes this now mean its going to do an active full ? (I hope not, dont have the space) or does it mean that its going to read all the incrementals and make a new incremental ?
It will read all the source data to directly determine what has changed, and make a new incremental.
kubimike
Veteran

Post by kubimike »

Thank you sir.