Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
johannesr
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Johannes

Question regarding backup copy job

Post by johannesr »

Greetings,

my question is a bit of a mix between Veeam Agent for Windows and Backup & Replication Server. For my very small customers (like 1-5 computers) I get along with the community edition and the windows agent. Now I have one customer with a VPN to his home. I am now setting a small Windows computer up as an additional backup repository, so I can backup his client locally, and then, over the night, transfer these backups through an appropriate mechanism to his home. The machine is quite big, like 600GB, so I need to plan ahead to minimize network replication traffic.

But I am a bit confused - what are the best settings to get the easiest do transfer files?

Thanks
Johannes
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: Question regarding backup copy job

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Johannes,

You are violating the Veeam EULA by providing backup as a service for third parties with the community edition of the product.
Please read cautiously section 5 of the EULA.

Thank you!
johannesr
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Johannes

Post by johannesr »

OK, I wasnt aware of that. That means, I can use the product for myself, or my customer can use it as long as I do not install and configure it for him?
Going further, prperly licensing these installations would be possible with Veeam Backup starter? If so, is the featureset the same like VBR, only with the 10 hosts limit?
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 683 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi Johannes,
Since you are offering services related to Veeam products, it will be best for you to join Veeam Service Providers program - you will have unlimited access to Veeam products offerings and will have different licensing model, which is not available to end-user licensing schemes. With this, you will be able to extend your services portfolio, reduce investments into Veeam products to operate legally, and have different operation schemes to offer Backup as a Service, DRaaS, Cloud Backups and so on with ease and scale(rather than manage client-by-client standalone installations and violate licensing rules).
Feel free to Register and discuss partnership details with Veeam representative that will contact you after registration.
/Cheers and I wish your Veeam services business to prosper!