Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
mwolfe87
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Michael Wolfe Jr

Recovery Image for 3.0.2 won't boot

Post by mwolfe87 »

I feel like I'm going a bit crazy. I have several machines that I've restored over the years, but two different machines recovery images that were created with 3.0.2 1170 won't boot when on a disk or USB drive. I know one of which functions as I was able to restore the machine to a VM by using the ISO.

Has anyone experienced this problem? I haven't opened a support case yet.
Egor Yakovlev
Veeam Software
Liked: 680 times
Full Name: Egor Yakovlev

Re: Recovery Image for 3.0.2 won't boot

Post by Egor Yakovlev »

Hi!
. ISO created with Veeam has required boot record, so it will boot for sure. When you write ISO data on disk or USB drive, you can't just copy files over, as it will not make media bootable. Make sure media is created from Create Veeam Recovery Media wizard all the way or using tools that can alter usb/DVD into boot mode.
/Thanks!
arrowd
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Don Arrowsmith

Post by arrowd »

When I first started using Veeam Agent, I thought I should verify that the BMR ISO disk would work. Booting to it never seemed to do anything, BUT I was just impatient. It takes several minutes to get going (three different PCs) and there are periods when it seems stuck. Maybe this is your problem - try booting it and waiting at least 10 minutes to see if it does finally start running.
--
Don
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Michael,

Can you please clarify with what operating system Recovery Media has been created? In case it's latest Windows 1909, that's the known issue and it is resolved in Veeam Agent for Windows v4.

Additionally, please check the BIOS settings: sometimes you need to change existing boot mode to legacy. Cheers!