Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
techgirl
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time

Remove configuration between users

Post by techgirl »

When employeeA has quit, we face this issue when cleaning the workstation for a new employee:
- Veaam was installed new when employeeA began, while logged in as employeeA
- removed employee's items, archive backups offsite per SOP/regulations
- delete Windows user so now only "admin" user exists on the workstation
- Veeam still tries to backup same old user files to same old user shared folder WHILE logged on as admin

I can only change "Settings" to disable schedule backup.
In "Configure Backup", I can not remove the employee name from shared folder location path or login username nor even change the password unless I set a new valid location with valid credentials. There is no interim backups to be made while awaiting it to be assigned a future employeeB.

Is there a way to remove the configuration details of the old employee that doesn't involve uninstalling and reinstalling VAW ?
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Remove configuration between users

Post by Dima P. »

Hi techgirl,
techgirl wrote:Is there a way to remove the configuration details of the old employee that doesn't involve uninstalling and reinstalling VAW ?
You can modify the backup job (basically change all the settings manually). If you need to create the users history completely try to recreate agent database.