Scheduled daily backup not always working

Backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)

Scheduled daily backup not always working

Veeam Logoby dcreeron » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:22 am

Hello.

I have one of my computers set to automatically turn on at 01:00am via BIOS APM. I have Veeam Endpoint Backup scheduled to backup at 01:15am. The backup goes to a share on a NAS on the same network.

The backup doesn't always run.

I've tried different times (morning, mid-day, etc.). I've even set up both timers for 15 minutes later and sat in front of the computer to watch the process. The PC turns on as expected, every time. But for some reason the Veeam job doesn't run. No errors that I can see anywhere.

Does Veeam require a user to be logged in to the PC? One test I tried without logging in and no backup occurred. Another test I quickly logged in and the backup processed.

I currently have the PC turn on and backup scheduled for 3:00pm and 3:15pm respectively. Yesterday the backup worked. Today, no backup.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
dcreeron
Lurker

Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel

Re: Scheduled daily backup not always working

Veeam Logoby Gostev » Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:33 am

Hi, Daniel. What is the support case ID for this? Thanks.
Gostev
Veeam Software

Liked: 2350 times

Re: Scheduled daily backup not always working

Veeam Logoby Dima P. » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:07 pm

Additionally, please check your computer's windows power plan options. You need to enable 'Wakeup Timers' in case it is set to disabled to let VEB wakeup computer from sleep.
Dima P.
Veeam Software

Liked: 440 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Return to Veeam Agent for Windows