Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
VER
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Wouter

[Feature request] Store recovery media centrally

Post by VER » 1 person likes this post

I'm currently using Veeam endpoint on two different laptops in our environment but only have a single 16 GB+ usb drive available to use as a bootable device.

Because of this I was wondering if it is possible to prepare recovery media for each machine and store these alongside the backup data until I would need it. As the bootable media is only prepared (all data collected in an iso or something similar), you would need a small tool to put the recovery media on a bootable device when you need it.
For me this does not weigh up to the hassle of ordering, preparing and storing several bootable devices for all the different type of machines that we have.

Especially with the option to store backups on a B&R repo this would seem a nice addition if you ask me.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: [Feature request] Store recovery media centrally

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Wouter,
Good request, thanks! We will keep it for the next version improvement discussions. Meanwhile, you can create Veeam Recovery Media as an ISO and place it to the regular shared folded, even in the RC build.
VER
Influencer
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Wouter

Post by VER »

That will be a good intermediate solution yes.
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Post by Mike Resseler » 1 person likes this post

Wouter,

Another possibility you have (today) is to create only one recovery media, add the drivers to it as always. But then you can add the specific network and storage drivers of the other endpoint and add them to that recovery media. Now you have one recovery media that can be used on two endpoints...

Please note a quick test and boot on the recovery device to see if it is working is necessary, but I never had issues with it. I have 6 laptops ranging from 1 year to 8 years old and I boot them all on one recovery media.