Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
Damien_
Lurker
Liked: never

Understanding Veeam

Post by Damien_ »

Hello everyone :)

So, my name is Damien, I am not a computer technical engineer, but the one of my company advised me to get Veeam, the community edition, to back-up my computer (my goal, as it happens).

Then here I am, on this website, forum, and even the youtube channel of Veeam, trying to collect some informations. The problem is... Everything, for a non-advanced user, is kind of complicated. I'm not looking to backup a VM on a company, I am just looking to backup my own, personnal computer on an external hardware. But I can't find how Veeam works to adapt it to my situation.

In the Veeam Help Center (https://www.veeam.com/documentation-gui ... l?prd=vmbp), when I'm looking for "Veeam Backup & Replication Community Edition" on the Product selection (v10 for the version, all types, english), I end with "User guide for VMware vSphere... which I don't quitly know what it is, or a user guide for Microsoft Hyper-V, or Veeam Backup Enterprie Manager Guide, etc. etc., no documents seems actually concerning the "community edition", at first, and those documents also doesn't seems to fill my needs secondly. And the Product Overview, the Release Notes, or "What's New" document are not really helping about how to install/use the Community Edition.

I have been trying to get some information on the youtube channel, about how installing & running Veeam, but it seems to be still focused on enterprises, VM, cloud, etc.

Did I miss something? Can Veeam be used for what I am looking for, or is it "too advanced" for my needs?

Thank you in advance :)
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Understanding Veeam

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forum. I believe the main problem is, that someone told you the wrong product name :-)

To backup your computer, you want to use the Veeam Agent for Windows

https://www.veeam.com/products-edition- ... t-link#VAW - the free edition is what you are looking for I think. No license required.

Best regards,
Hannes
Damien_
Lurker
Liked: never

Re: Understanding Veeam

Post by Damien_ »

Hello Hannes,

Thank you for your reply... :)

I am going to look for Veeam Agent for Windows, then ! Thanks a lot for the advice... :)