I have a couple of PCs that I backup each night with Endpoint Backup; I'd like to do a hardware refresh on them, and wondering if anyone has used Endpoint to do that. I've restored entire backups to a new hard drive in the same PC; it would seem to be possible to use the software to restore the backup to an entirely new PC as well. I think it would look something like this:
- use Veeam to make an ISO that will boot the new PC (probably by installing it on an identical PC that already has Windows installed
- boot the new PC with that ISO
- find the backup file either on LAN or on an external USB drive
- restore the backup to the new PC
- sort out any driver issues
If I'm right about this, it would be useful for these PCs because they have very particular software installed and configured that needs to be duplicated. Has anyone done this? Any pitfalls I'm not thinking of?