Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
StevenMeier
Enthusiast
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Steven Meier

Veeam Agent 9.5 update 4

Post by StevenMeier »

Ok Having some trouble with this and I think its more me than the product.

I can find the msi Packages for x86 and x64 on the 9.5up4 Server for the agent on the deployment server.

We only have 6 workstations we want to "manage" using the free agent version, we just want to back the c: drive to a local repository on the veeam Server.

We use on these workgroup based machines an account called "admin" which is in the local administrators group and eveytime I run the msi installer it fails with must have administrator privileges.....which the 'admin' account is a member of the administrators group on this windows 7 pc.

What am I missing ??? does it have to be the Local 'administrator' account ?

Am I using the wrong agent installer for manual installation.

Some of these questions may seem silly but I have changed jobs and its taken me a year to get veeam into the new location and I suspect I am missing something. If we needed to back up more machines I would get licences but I understand the free ones should still work and we have only 6 or 7 we need to protect and all windows 7sp1.

Please assist.
cheers
Steve
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Veeam Agent 9.5 update 4

Post by HannesK »

Hello Steven,
I'm not sure if I understood you for 100%
using the free agent version, we just want to back the c: drive to a local repository on the veeam Server.
you can download the agent directly from our website - that is easier than grabbing the files from the backup server https://www.veeam.com/windows-backup-download.html
We use on these workgroup based machines an account called "admin" which is in the local administrators group and eveytime I run the msi installer it fails with must have administrator privileges.....which the 'admin' account is a member of the administrators group on this windows 7 pc.

What am I missing ??? does it have to be the Local 'administrator' account ?

Am I using the wrong agent installer for manual installation.
not sure I understood this part. Just run the installer with administrative permissions and it should install.
I understand the free ones should still work
it depends... in general, you cannot mix free and paid agents in one installation. But maybe our new "community edition" can help you with 10 instances (scroll down the whole page) for free

Best regards,
Hannes
StevenMeier
Enthusiast
Liked: 30 times
Full Name: Steven Meier

Re: Veeam Agent 9.5 update 4

Post by StevenMeier » 1 person likes this post

I really appreciate the feed back .
Luving the new look and feel of 9.5 update 4 and integrated with 3par and new storOnce ..Testing is going well.

Once I can get a test of the machines with an agent that will be great.

Cheer
Steve