Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
collagenn
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: paolo barani

Veeam agent for Windows 6

Post by collagenn »

Hello,

I am getting an error when I try to restore via ISO my backup in a VM using S3 compatible object with the lock feature; The problem start when I click on the bucket pop up a message that say: REST API error S# error. Timestamp is in the future;

I tried also with a different s3 compatible provider and I've got the same error: The difference between the request time and the current time is too large.
Type: A valid error message in S3-style storage (AWS S3 ).
Meaning: The machine you are using to access the Wasabi Management Console (or the Wasabi service via S3 API) is not in time sync with the service.

Is there any way to update/synch via cmd (in the Veeam ISO) the time to avoid this issue? THX!
Paolo
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam agent for Windows 6

Post by Dima P. »

Hello Paolo,

Can you please open a support case and share the case ID with us? We need debug logs to investigate this issue. Thank you!
collagenn
Novice

Post by collagenn »

This is the same issue outlined by Veeam here:

https://www.veeam.com/kb4248
"The difference between the request time and the current time is too large"

I tried to run w32tm directly via "command prompt" (in the iso) but unfortunately the command is not recognized. There is really nothing I can do rather than confirm the issue via 2 different storage provider and 2 different hosting provider.

Quite sure this thing will be mentioned by others soon. (just bare metal recovery to VM probably)
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Post by Dima P. »

Paolo,

That might be the root case, yes, but in order to confirm in we need you Veeam Agent for Windows debug logs (and recovery media logs). Current suspect is the time zone of the recovery media image, but we need to check it. Please share the case ID once you have it. Thank you!
collagenn
Novice

Post by collagenn »

Case #05911439 — Iso replication issue