Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
whiplash75
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Arnau

Veeam Agent for Windows reporting

Post by whiplash75 »

Hi,

We are trying to get some historical information for veeam agent jobs. For VM backup jobs we can get all the historical using the report option, but used with Veeam agent jobs it only gets the information of the latest job execution.

In addition I've confirmed with the Veeam support that is not possible yet to get this kind of reporting in Veeam One, they say it's a relatively new feature and only is possible to get a report of the protected computers with Veeam Agent...

So far the only way we've found of getting some historical info is from the job history, we are able to get at least 2 months of information but has to be extracted manually. I assume that this information is somewhere in the Veeam database, right?

My questions are:

- Is this fixed with Update3a?
- If not, will be fixed in the next update or in v10?
- Is there any powershell cmdlet that can be used for getting this information? Or any other workaround we can use to avoid having someone copyin and pasting manually the info in each job history session?

Thanks.
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam Agent for Windows reporting

Post by Dima P. »

- Is this fixed with Update3a?
Reports for managed by agent jobs are cumulative and contain the state daily of all your connected agents and their backup jobs. Starting from U4 it would be possible to configure notification settings granular per managed by agent job. For managed by server email reporting is absolutely identical to VM backup reporting capabilities. You can view the historical information per agent if you go to history node in Veeam B&R console.
- Is there any powershell cmdlet that can be used for getting this information? Or any other workaround we can use to avoid having someone copyin and pasting manually the info in each job history session?
Currently Veeam B&R does not have PowerShell coverage for agent jobs but we will have it later this year in U4. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

whiplash75 wrote:In addition I've confirmed with the Veeam support that is not possible yet to get this kind of reporting in Veeam One, they say it's a relatively new feature and only is possible to get a report of the protected computers with Veeam Agent...
There are plans on adding more reports for Agents in Veeam ONE 9.5 Update 4, as far as I remember report on historical data for Veeam Agents is also included to the release. I will ask the corresponding PM to confirm that for you.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

There was no Veeam ONE 9.5u3a release, however, the upcoming (u4) will contain reports with historical information about Veeam Agent jobs and policies.
If you used Backup Job Historical Information report, you can understand how the agents' one will look like.
Thanks!
whiplash75
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: David Arnau

Post by whiplash75 »

Thank you for the answers.
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

If you have any ideas/requests regarding Agents monitoring in Veeam ONE, feel free to share them with us.
Thanks!