Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
TitaniumCoder477
Veteran
Liked: 48 times
Full Name: James Wilmoth

Veeam support doesn't have the time to help apparently

Post by TitaniumCoder477 »

Super frustrated. Since when is it OK for an Enterprise Plus (top-shelf) paying customer to be told support can't help them for five days? That's what I have to tell our mutual client. On Wednesday, the case owner (L2 support) offered a call on Monday. I told him we really needed help before then. He told me effectively sorry but that's it. I told him to book it, but that I would certainly try to call in for support if I got a moment to do so. I tried to call in for help today. I practically begged support to at least resolve the licensing error message which shouldn't be rocket science. This can't be the only client that has a BNR instance that is confused about the license and displaying a weird message. Yet, I was effectively told sorry all we can do is pass the word along. Can't help you at the moment. This is unbelievable.

11/10/2022 6:50:43 PM :: License edition has been changed. Please set the new job schedule and confirm backup retention settings

This error message only affects three of the six assets in the protection group and agent job. Veeam can't figure it out apparently. I begged support to just fix this one issue and then we can tackle the intermittent issues later. This one issue--please! Apparently, they don't have the time.

HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Veeam support doesn't have the time to help apparently

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

Hello,
first: it's sad to hear, that you are unhappy with Veeam support. On the other hand, these are the R&D forums and support is a different organization. Support escalations can be done via the "talk to manager" button in my.veeam.com

The internal comment in the case says different to what you say. So I would like to avoid standing "between the lines" and recommend to do escalations via the official way ("talk to manager" button) and not trying to escalate via forums.

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: for best results with every type of support organization / helpdesk, it seems to be a good idea to have exactly one topic per case. It looks like the case started about SQL
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1576 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Veeam support doesn't have the time to help apparently

Post by Dima P. » 1 person likes this post

James,

I was told that support team has reached you out and the licensing issue was resolved, is that correct? Thank!