Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
homerjnick
Expert
Liked: 35 times
Full Name: Nick Mahlitz

Virtualizing Server that has Endpoint installed

Post by homerjnick »

I have a physical server that is a file server with about 4TB of storage used...I have been using Endpoint and have about 200 days worth of backups via Endpoint...this has greatly increased the amount of restore points we can hold and restore from.

We are now in a position to virtualize it...I would much prefer not having to do a another full backup of the server via B&R but I can't see any reasonable way to avoid it...

Having 4TB of Endpoint backup and then another full of near 4TB as a VM is a great waste of our backup SAN...

Any ideas? I presume we can't use the backup files from Endpoint and carry on the chain with daily incrementals via B&R...
Dima P.
Product Manager
Liked: 1568 times
Full Name: Dmitry Popov

Re: Virtualizing Server that has Endpoint installed

Post by Dima P. »

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately, it’s impossible to map VEB backups to VBR jobs. You can limit the number of restore points via Endpoint by decreasing the retention and running the backup job to start a merge. When these backups are no longer needed, you can delete them manually.