Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
roleit
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Role IT

VM's in "Backing up" state using File Level Backup

Post by roleit »

Hello,
I'm looking for newest information regarding "File Level Backup" and Backing up.. state of the Virtual Machines that are a part of backup partition.

Is there any new mechanizm within Veeam 10 or 11 that will exclude some folders from "File Level Backup"? Because of this problem we cannot do any maintenance task with our VM's because during the backup process they all are in "Backing up" state.
Exlude option in any way within Veeam Software is not working, Support confirmed this.

I know workaround to move VM's to different partition but i think that is very big disadvantage of veeam software right now.

Archived Support Case ID:
RomanK
Veeam Software
Liked: 164 times

Re: VM's in "Backing up" state using File Level Backup

Post by RomanK »

Hello roleit,

Thank you for the case number.
VAW is a product to backup from inside OS, it utilizes VSS snapshots therefore it is possible to create a hybrid backup that will include folders and specific computer volumes. But it is still VSS based.

The case you mentioned refers to the feature request to support Hyper-V backups in VAW. Is that the correct one? if yes, unfortunately, we cannot provide any feedback or state of feature requests. Moreover, there is a disclaimer below every page: All feature and release plans are subject to change without notice.

But thank you for the feedback and for bumping this question.