Standalone backup agent for Microsoft Windows servers and workstations (formerly Veeam Endpoint Backup FREE)
ameliorate
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ace Bailey

Volume Level Backup of passive node Failing

Post by ameliorate »

I use the Agent for Windows 5.0 to backup a physical Server 2019 failover cluster at the volume level, choosing the OS only (C:) from the passive node and C: and K:\SQLDUMPS from the active node.

In Veeam 10, VBR seemed to recognize when cluster resources were moved, and automatically select backing up the K: drive from the active node in the next backup.

Since moving to Veeam 11, I've noticed the agent doesn't automatically select the K drive on the active node, but more concerningly, it tries to continue backing up K: on the passive node, even though the cluster disk is now owned by the other server. This causes backups to fail when K can not be found.

I restarted the Veeam agent, the VBR server, and the cluster passive node. The agent on the passive node now recognizes that the K: drive is gone, but the job still fails in VBR: 8/29/2021 10:31:54 PM :: Error: Cannot find volume K:\SQLDUMPS\ (\\?\Volume{9b****92-9262-4dc1-b4d4-824744a3****})

Asterisks added by me to conceal the actual disk GUID.

Thanks,
Ace
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Volume Level Backup of passive node Failing

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
That sounds like a technical issue. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.

Without case number, the topic will eventually be
deleted by moderators

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: support can only help if you upload logs https://www.veeam.com/kb1832
ameliorate
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ace Bailey

Re: Volume Level Backup of passive node Failing

Post by ameliorate »

Case 04996639.