Standalone backup agents for Linux, Mac, AIX & Solaris workloads on-premises or in the public cloud
Flole
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Bitlooker exclusion of files for Agent-managed jobs

Post by Flole »

Hi,

I have a backup job which backs up to a Veeam Backup & Replication v11 server. The job is configured on the Agent as it is not wanted that credentials for accessing the server are stored on the backup server. As I have understood it is possible to exclude files or directories from a full or disk based backup (I am not talking about a file-level backup here) using Bitlooker. Is that also the case on Linux or is that a feature only available on Windows? If that's already possible for Veeam Agent for Linux, how can I configure it without managing the Job from the Veeam Backup & Replication server?

Thank you very much
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Re: Bitlooker exclusion of files for Agent-managed jobs

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Unfortunately, that functionality is not there yet - Bitlooker works only for Windows Agent.

Thanks!
Flole
Influencer
Liked: 1 time

Post by Flole »

Hi,

thank you for clearing that up. I saw a few references to Bitlooker in the /etc/veeam/veeam.ini file that was installed on Linux so I was under the impression that it is already implemented.

When you say it's not there yet, does that mean it's being worked on and it will come soon? If not, is there any point in opening a support ticket with a feature request or would that not make any difference?

Thank you very much!
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Post by PTide »

The Bitlooker in VAL helps to skip empty spaces on the volumes.
When you say it's not there yet, does that mean it's being worked on and it will come soon?
No, I am afraid it won't come soon.
s there any point in opening a support ticket with a feature request or would that not make any difference?
For the purpose of speeding up the development of the requested feature? Not really : )
For the purpose of getting help on some other issue? Certainly.

Thanks!