Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
sgr1
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Sander Groen

Connect to PowerShell not working anymore?

Post by sgr1 »

Hi all,

Is it true that you cannot use the modern authentication with the option to allow for using legacy authentication protocols no more? When I try to make changes to my organisation everything connects (MS Graph, SharePoint, Teams, Exchange) except for the check on Connect to PowerShell. The error I get is: Connect to PowerShell: Connecting to remote server outlook.office365.com failed with the following error message : Access is denied. For more information, see the about_Remote_Troubleshooting Help topic.
Perhaps because MS disabled the use of legacy authentication protocols? That means the checkmark to allow using legacy authentication protocols has no added value which means that you will loose some extended back-up functionality. (Like public folder mailboxes).

Thanks.

Best regards.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Connect to PowerShell not working anymore?

Post by Mildur »

Hi Sander

Welcome to the forum.

Yes, it‘s true. Microsoft hast started with disabling Basic auth. Veeam has created a kb article with a statement and guidance for our customers:
https://www.veeam.com/kb4365

We are looking into the capability to backup public folder with Modern Auth Only, and we are in talk with Microsoft because we would need new API‘s todo that. They don‘t exist today. So it‘s not possible for us to download that data with Modern Auth Only to your backup repository.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software