Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
desmith
Influencer
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Derek Smith

Powershell on server core

Post by desmith »

I had been using powershell on server core with v5 for some basic reporting. Post update to v7 I get the prompt "New patch 7.0.0.3604 is available. Would you like to install it?" after Connect-VBOServer

Even without the path installed on a server with desktop experience, I don't get the prompt, but server core has the 7.0.0.3604 patch for the module installed, and nothing I've tried will get rid of that prompt.

If I say yes at the prompt I just get "Please close all running PowerShell sessions to proceed with the update", if I say no, everything appears to work OK, but this prevents me from using the cmdlets in a script.

I'm sure the answer will be "core isn't supported", but it looks like the only issue is something bugged in the version detection, and a lack of options to disable confirmation in the connect cmdlet.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Powershell on server core

Post by Mildur »

Hello Derek

Windows Server Core editions are supported for VB365.
Please open a support case and give your customer support team the chance to troubleshoot this issue.
Don't forget to provide the case number (required for any technical issues posted to this forum) with me.

Thank you,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software