Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
TAnderson
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Tim Anderson

Powershell with Service Provider store

Post by TAnderson »

Is it possible to use Powershell to export a PST from Exchange O365 when you use a Service Provider to perform your backups? I try to use Get-VBOOrganization and it fails so I can't even try to do a restore.

I can export to PST from within the Explorer for Microsoft Exchange when I connect to the store from my Service Provider.

Is this more something they have to expose in order for this to work?
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Re: Powershell with Service Provider store

Post by Polina »

Hi Tim,

Could you please elaborate a bit more on what you're willing to achieve? Are you trying to export a mailbox to PST directly from the O365 via VB365?
TAnderson
Novice

Post by TAnderson »

I am looking to export a backed up email box and the in-place archive from the Veeam Service Provider repository. Many of these accounts had their licenses removed and e-Discovery is not a viable option. I am looking to automate as much as possible to export these mailboxes for archival purposes. Retaining in the Service Providers repository is not an option.
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

If you want to select an older restore point:
1. Connect to the service provider server with the Connect-VBOServer
1.1. Get the required restore point with the Get-VBORestorePoint

If you need the latest restore point, you can simply connect with the Start-VBOExchangeItemRestoreSession

2. Start the Exchange restore session with the Start-VBOExchangeItemRestoreSession
3. Get the required mailbox with the Get-VEXMailbox
4. Use the Export-VEXItem to export the mailbox to a PST
TAnderson
Novice

Post by TAnderson »

Except as stated in the query, Get-VBOOrganization is failing. If I can't get past step one I can't even begin to try and restore. This is what led me to believe that our Service Provider needs to turn something on for PowerShell to work.

From the Veeam console I get this
PS >get-VBOOrganization -name XXXX.onmicrosoft.com
get-VBOOrganization : Could not connect to net.tcp://127.0.0.1:9191/ArchiverAdmin. The connection attempt lasted for a
time span of 00:00:01.0001642. TCP error code 10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively
refused it 127.0.0.1:9191.
At line:1 char:1
+ get-VBOOrganization -name XXXX.onmicrosoft.com
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-VBOOrganization], EndpointNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException,Veeam.Archiver.PowerShell.Cmdlets.Organiza
tions.GetVBOOrganization

We do not run the exchange backups, that is on the service provider, we have access to their repository to do restores from the GUI