Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
Bjoern_ch
Service Provider
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Bjoern

reboot server - resume jobs

Post by Bjoern_ch »

Hi veeam team,
i am not sure if this is a v7 feature or not. At least I noticed this behviour after upgrading to v7. (maybe it was there all the time):
when i reboot vbo server while jobs are running then those jobs resume after the reboot. At least most of the jobs. But it does not happen to all jobs. What are the criteria here?
It is actually very nice to see that those jobs do not start from the beginning again. Very useful when Fulls are running.

Best regards,
Bjoern
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: reboot server - resume jobs

Post by Mildur »

Hi Bjoern

Is it possible, that you see jobs running on additional proxy server?
When you reboot the VB365 controller server, jobs running on the VB365 controller server will be interrupted and cancelled. We don't have a resume feature implemented.
But Jobs running on the additional proxy server can still continue for 48 hours without a connection to the VB365 controller server.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Bjoern_ch
Service Provider
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Bjoern

Post by Bjoern_ch »

Hi Fabian,

yes, my proxies (currently 27) are remote proxies. There is a local proxy as well, of course, but 99% of the jobs running on remote proxies.
In my test lab all jobs running on remote proxies resume. But in my productive environment I have seen it several times that jobs did not resume after server/service restart.
So, is it expected that every job which is running on a remote proxy will resume after a server restart?
Well, for me this pretty much sounds like a resume feature then! :-)
It is very helpful when fulls are running and also very helpful with jobs which usually run 12+ h. When support asks you to reboot, shut down services etc. (they ask this very often!), then impact is muss less than I thought. We would miss (or missed in the past) SLA for those jobs without this "feature".
Was this feature there all the time? In the past I usually immediately started jobs again after service/server restart.
Now, i noticed that it takes some time and jobs resume (but if you start the job before it resumed, then it starts from the beginning).
Small thing but huge impact. Very happy about this. :-)
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Hi Bjoern,

Since I don't recall any changes to this behavior since v3, it seems to be there all the time )