Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
rtheseeker
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Rajeev Mehta

VBO 365 backup failure for a mailbox Exchange Web Services error code: ErrorInvalidRecipients

Post by rtheseeker »

we have runinto this issue
account is all good as it can read some emials from the mailbox

Code: Select all

"[11.07.2023 15:49:15.136]   44 (5492)   Subject: Final roster for week commencing 8 December
[11.07.2023 15:49:15.136]   44 (5492)   Last modified time: 12/4/2014 11:15:01 PM (UTC)
[11.07.2023 15:49:15.136]   44 (5492)   Size: 137137
[11.07.2023 15:49:15.136]   44 (5492)  Sync time: 0.1760631
[11.07.2023 15:49:15.136]   44 (5492)  Changed items: 19, deleted items: 0, read state changes: 0
[11.07.2023 15:49:15.136]   44 (5492)   Estimated changed items size: 4.0 MB
[11.07.2023 15:49:15.141]   44 (5492)   Item date is out of the existing batches range"
however the backup just fails; othermailbox backups have run fine; Veeam suspects it is some AD attrib howerver MS support is looking at the moment; Office365 Admin say there is no diffrence between the emial that's backing up and the ones that are not (has licesnes and have compared arrtib in AD)
CASE is wiht Veeam support 06166458 and with MS support as well. Just wondering if anyone had run into this issue

#MOD: Posting debug logs in the forum is not allowed per our forum rules
rtheseeker
Enthusiast

Re: VBO 365 backup failure for a mailbox Exchange Web Services error code: ErrorInvalidRecipients

Post by rtheseeker »

case 06166458
from Veeam support I have been advised to create a new repository and run the backup for this emial address?

#MOD: Posting debug logs in the forum is not allowed per our forum rules

If no access failures from EWSEditor tool, can we please do the following:
Please create a new repository
-Create a new backup job name "test" that will contain the failing mailbox only
-Exclude the problematic mailbox from the main job
-Enable extended logging:
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: VBO 365 backup failure for a mailbox Exchange Web Services error code: ErrorInvalidRecipients

Post by Mildur »

Hello Rajeev

I removed the debug logs. Our customer support has the tools and training to analyze those logs. Please do not post them in to our forums (forum rules).

For now, please keep working with your support engineer. Our support engineer will escalate the issue if required.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
rtheseeker
Enthusiast

Post by rtheseeker »

MS support was of no help at all; they are saying to work with Veeam support and I am a bit stuck on what needs to happen next. Veeam support has (Case # 06166458) advised me to use the EWS editor and asked me to use the same account which was used for adding the orgnisation to VBO; unfortunetly, I do not have access to that account; however my account does have Exchange Admin rights (need to activate via PIM); is it possible to use my account to test EWS editor(step 3).

"Navigate to the EWSEditor page on GitHub and download the latest bin package.
- Copy the downloaded file to the machine where the Proxy/VBM365 server handling the job and extract it.
- Open the program and click File > New Exchange Service
- To connect to the Office 365 environment, click the 365 Default button. The Service URL for EWS should be as follows:
3. - Select "Use the following credentials instead of the default Windows credentials" and provide the user name and password for the user who was used to add the Organization to the backup infrastructure.

- After that, enable the "Check if using EWS Impersonation" checkbox and provide the primary SMTP address of the mailbox you want to access: "affected mailbox".
- When the configuration is complete, click OK.
- Directly after you finish configuring the connection, you get a prompt asking if you want to add the mailbox root to the tree view. Please confirm by clicking Yes.
- After the addition is complete, scroll down until you reach to "Top of Information Store" -> Select
the "Inbox" or affected folder and try to export the item in question as stream and share the screenshots/error or it's successful.
"

Response from MS support
"Thanks for the uploaded logs.
After reviewing the logs, it appears that Veeam was able to establish a successful connection to O365 using EWS. It identified the mailbox and began downloading some contents.
I have also done a mailbox check and that appears healthy from our view.

Towards the end of the log, an error occurred while attempting to download a specific item, leading to the failure of the entire backup process.

We kindly request you to continue collaborating with Veeam support to investigate and narrow down the problem. We are more than willing to assist Veeam support by addressing any inquiries they may have.
"
Polina
Veeam Software
Liked: 708 times
Full Name: Polina Vasileva

Post by Polina »

Hi Rajeev,

I'll follow up on your case with our support to see if there's anything else we can do to release your issue and get back to you.
rtheseeker
Enthusiast

Post by rtheseeker » 1 person likes this post

this is sorted now; it turns out that the user had some emials even prior to the mailbox was created and were causing the issue. EWS editor returned the same error when accessing those emails
rtheseeker
Enthusiast

Post by rtheseeker »

tried deleting those emails; could not from the mailbox; checking with MS support as to how to use MFCMAPI tool