Maintain control of your Microsoft 365 data
OddShapedPizza
Novice
Liked: never

VEX Error: No IP addresses or hostnames passed

Post by OddShapedPizza »

A cloud provider/partner we use for our M365 backup did a recent upgrade and maintenance. Since that time, our VEX will no longer connect to the service provider. I can add the service provider in VBR (v. 12.0.0.1420 P20230412) with no problem. Re-scanning it works fine too. I can also authenticate in VEX (with modern authentication). However when attempting to connect and start a restore process (the point in time does not matter), it states 'Connection failed.' Error in VEX logs state:

Code: Select all

[27.09.2023 16:50:53.685]   21 (7592)    at Veeam.Presentation.Tasks.AsyncConnectionTester.Execute()
[27.09.2023 16:50:53.685]   21 (7592) Error: No IP addresses or hostnames passed
[27.09.2023 16:50:53.685]   21 (7592) Type: System.Exception
Has anyone come across this error? So far, I'm not getting much support from the cloud provider nor veeam. My support case ID is: 06325244

FWIW, DNS resolution of the provider URL works perfectly. Again, I can add the provider in VBR with no issues whatsoever.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: VEX Error: No IP addresses or hostnames passed

Post by Mildur »

Hello OddShapedPizza

For this sort of issues we need the cooperation of the cloud provider. We cannot troubleshoot the issue without log files from both sides. For this error you must open a case with your service provider. The service provider then needs to open a case with Veeam. Because they are the owner of the rental license of the hosted Veeam Backup for Microsoft 365 service. Only the owner of the rental license can open support cases for it.

For your own case with our customer support, please use our Talk to a Manager option if you are unhappy about the status of the case: https://www.veeam.com/kb2320

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
OddShapedPizza
Novice
Liked: never

Re: VEX Error: No IP addresses or hostnames passed

Post by OddShapedPizza »

Thank you for the information Fabian, I will use the contact a manager option. If there is a resolution, I'll post it here in case someone else runs into a problem.