Agentless, cloud-native backup for Microsoft Azure
Adv_UK
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Benny G.

Unable to backup (new deployment)

Post by Adv_UK »

Hi Guys,
Doing some testing on the Azure backup, but I have come across this issue. We are trying to backup cross tenant (Veeam Appliance in Tenant A, Servers to be backed up, Tenant B).

We get this error when we try to run a backup:

Failed to perform backup of *VM_NAME* to Backup Repository cool. Cannot find any worker. The selected VM size 'Standard_DC1s_v2' cannot boot Hypervisor Generation '1'. If this was a Create operation please check that the Hypervisor Generation of the Image matches the Hypervisor Generation of the selected VM Size. If this was an Update operation please select a Hypervisor Generation '1' VM Size. (waiting ticket: 27, profile: Small) (trace ID: 3f8841d3-2541-498b-9f16-2688b5c1867e)

Has anyone come across this before?

Thanks
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2729 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Unable to backup (new deployment)

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Benny,

Workers are started next to the source data being backed up. What regions are you using? Have you tried changing the worker profile to another value via Configuration -> Workers tab in the VB UI?

Thanks!
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2337 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi

I saw the same message multiple times in my lab. Had to use another worker profile and it worked.
The default one "F2s_v2" wasn't available for my subscription. So it took automatically a profile which was not compatible. In my lab, I ended up using "Standard_D2a_v4" instead of "Standard_DC1s_v2".

To be sure, please open a support case as requested for any technical issues and provide us with the case number.
Our support needs the log files from the appliance.

Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
Adv_UK
Service Provider
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Benny G.

Post by Adv_UK » 2 people like this post

Nevermind, had a coffee and spotted the obvious.

The default worker size is DC1s_v2. Gen 1 support for this size was pulled recently it seems by azure:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/ ... neration-2

Edit: Region is UK South.