1) specifying order in which VMs are restored within a single job
Currently when restoring multiple VMs within a single job, the restore order is determined alphabetically (sorted by VMname).
In a DR situation it is critical that certain VMs are restored first (like domain controllers) prior to other VMs.
2) Ability to specify restoring VMs to a different network from
- Code: Select all
This feature is currently only available in the GUI
3) Powershell code hints at the end of each wizard in the GUI mode (to help admins to automate tasks)
Similar to the way this has been implemented in exchange management console. More info:
https://books.google.nl/books?id=Zk-0E8 ... ll&f=false
4) Option to switch to image level backup mode when application aware backup fails
When backing up a fail-over SQL 2016 standard cluster, application aware backups can only be made from the primary node. I know this is a limitation imposed by Micro$oft. But it would in some cases be useful to have the option to switch to image level backup mode for secondary database cluster nodes.
5) When restoring a VM, I need the option to over-ride the default max number of simultaneous connections to the repository.
Currently a single value configured on the repository determines the max number of simultaneous connections to the repository for both backup and restores.
I would at least appreciate the option to specify the max number of simultaneous connections to the repository for backups and restores separately
If anybody has encountered the same problems please write you comments here to make these features a priority for Veeam. Also work-arounds are more than welcome.
@veeam support: Can you comment on each request if you think it might be implemented?