Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
MarkBoothmaa
Veeam Legend
Liked: 49 times
Full Name: Mark Boothman

9.5 Update 4 Enforced Parallel Processing

Post by MarkBoothmaa »

Hi,

Would it possible to allow users the ability to disable parallel processing please as this has been removed in Update 4.
From an MSP point of view I have a large number of backup and replica jobs that run concurrently and now I have no control over what task uses the available slots.
My replicas which run every 20 minutes are now taking upwards of 2 hours to complete as all slots are available and i'm hitting the active snapshot limit.

Support have said my options are to limit the number of tasks on proxy / repository however this means a 12 hour backup window will take 20+ hours or roll back to 3a. 3a isn't an option as I'll need to rollback my cloud connect environment as well and this would break some of my client jobs.

Please please please bring back this feature :)

Regards
Mark
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6703 times

Re: 9.5 Update 4 Enforced Parallel Processing

Post by Gostev »

Hello, Mark.

This feature will not be brought back, because based on our support logs data mining engine, we had almost no customers using it.

At the same time, due to being a "separate tunnel" in the schedulers logic, it required a huge additional QC effort to do regression testing - basically doubling our QC efforts for core functionality, taking away QC resources from scenarios used by vast majority of customers. Also, not being the default setting, it kept resulting in unexpected bugs around other new functionality with every release.

Please continue to work with our support to find the acceptable solution. You should definitely be able to emulate similar behavior with the existing settings, for example by chaining replication jobs etc. If it was not the case, then again, we would not have so few customers still having this setting enabled.

Thanks!
MarkBoothmaa
Veeam Legend
Liked: 49 times
Full Name: Mark Boothman

Re: 9.5 Update 4 Enforced Parallel Processing

Post by MarkBoothmaa »

Hi Gostev,

Thanks for the clarification regarding this. We will continue to tweak with the help of the support team.

Many Thanks
Mark