Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
avalor
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Add an Azure VM as Backup Repository

Post by avalor »

Hi!

I'm trying to add a new Backup Repository targeting to an existing Windows 2012R2 hosted at Microsoft Azure. Sadly, in the 'New Windows Server' wizard, I'm not able to connect to the administrative shared resource, getting this error:

'Failed to create presistent connection to ADMIN$ shared folder on host'

I know that some ports have to be opened in order to connect with the VM, but after adding every extreme in the management portal to ports 135,137-139 and 445 TCP/UDP and disabling the Windows Firewall in the VM, I'm still not able to connect.

Using a network scan tool (Nmap) I've found that these ports are still reported as 'filtered', while other extremes appear open (for example, 6160). So it seems that something is blocking the NetBios and SMB ports...

Any idea?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Add an Azure VM as Backup Repository

Post by veremin »

Is Azure VM endpoint configured properly? Does account used have required permissions on a given machine? What happens if you install required package (\Backup\Packages\VeeamTransport.msi) on the said VM manually and try to add it afterwards? Thanks.
avalor
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Post by avalor »

I've double checked the extremes and they are ok. The account I'm using has administrator privileges. In fact, when I'm connected via RDP the VM, I can access the ADMIN$ share without problems in a Windows Explorer. But is not possible to connect remotely.

I've installed VeeamTransport on the target VM, but got the same result
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Looks like something is blocking the required ports, you can contact support for verification of your setup.