Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kapple
Enthusiast
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Ken Applebaum

After upgrade, Some Veeam services did not upgrade to v10.

Post by kapple »

Hi,

I opened the following support ticket with Veeam today (#04456758):
This morning, I upgraded from Veeam B&R 9.5.4.2866 to 10.0.1.4854. As happened in all previous upgrades I have performed, Veeam services did not install on the remote servers. Specifically, on the Veeam tape server & on the Veeam proxy/repo server, the Veeam Installer Service did not upgrade.

For the first time doing an upgrade, the following components did not upgrade on the B&R server: Veeam Installer Service, and Veeam Distribution Service.

In the past, uninstalling the component that did not upgrade on a server allowed me to rescan the server, and then upgrade it. I did this on the tape server, since tape backups do not run until tomorrow night. However, after doing this, I could no longer successfully scan the server. So at this point, I do not have a tape server. Even thought I did run a successful test job after I performed the upgrade, I am concerned that tonight's backups will have issues since the B&R and proxy/repo servers have outdated Veeam components.

Does anyone in the forums have a fix for this issue?
Thanks.
kapple
Enthusiast

Re: After upgrade, Some Veeam services did not upgrade to v10.

Post by kapple »

In the portal, the case ID is ID: #02022830, which is different from the popup that I got after the case was submitted Mentioning this just in case a moderator is looking to view the case.
kapple
Enthusiast

Post by kapple »

I am starting to manually install the services directly on the server, having extracted them from the ISO. So far, so good. Will update when I am done.
kapple
Enthusiast

Post by kapple »

I uninstalled the old version of the Veeam services that did not upgrade, and installed using the stand alone installer. This was successful.
kapple
Enthusiast

Post by kapple »

I successfully ran disk and tape backup jobs, so I am going to close the ticket I opened.
33minutesinheaven
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: -

Post by 33minutesinheaven »

happened to me too. I am chasing an issue with veeam dropping pings during backup and noticed that these two components are not upgraded.
I dont actually use any agents, as everything is backed up directly from the san/esxi. The manual path to these installers is:

"\veeamBackupandReplicationv10.0.1.4854\Packages\VeeamDistributionSvc.msi" and "\veeamBackupandReplicationv10.0.1.4854\Packages\VeeamInstallerSvc.msi"

not sure why they are auto installed.
srdegeus
Enthusiast
Liked: 5 times

Post by srdegeus »

Just upgraded from 9.5.3 to 10.0.1.4854 and could not connect with a second console to this upgraded system.

A compare showed that the "vapi-runtime-2.5.0.dll" was not upgraded. (The new one is digitally signed, the old one is not.)

I get the feeling that the upgrade process for this version is missing some actions.