by PrimeNet » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:29 pm people like this post
Since we upgraded to the newest B&R 9.5 we cannot use the remote Synology NAS anymore as a Linux-Repository... We tried to remove them and add it from scratch... The add process works fine, but then we cannot use it for e.g. Backup Copy Jobs... Everytime we rescan the Linux Server or the Repository we get an answer "unable to detect IP address"
Before in the v9 this worked like a charm....
Does anybody else has this issue?
Note: Synology NAS on the same subnet works good... We open just port 22 and 2500-5000 TCP in the firewall for the remote NAS.
by millardjk » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:20 am people like this post
I've got a Synology box (DS2413+ running DSM 6.0.2-8451 Update 4) that I've had to tweak a time or two (http://blog.millard.org/2014/11/use-synology-as-veeam-b-linux-repository.html) to keep integrated with Veeam over the versions, but I didn't have to do anything to it after the 9.0->9.5 upgrade. I'd check for the usual network suspects like correct forward/reverse DNS and short/long DNS resolution.
by skeezix » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:13 am people like this post
Would love a response on what the problem was with this. Running into the same thing - a remote linux server (synology NAS) worked, but after an upgrade it began having problems. It will connect across the internet to the public IP (forwarding port 22, 2500-5000) and login, but then the logs show it returns the synology's private IPs and tries connecting to those instead of the actual IP in the linux server properties.
by foggy » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:43 am people like this post
Roger was provided a hotfix that resolved the issue. So I recommend you to install Update 1 (if you haven't yet) and contact technical support if this doesn't help (not sure whether this hotfix was included in the update). Thanks.
by millardjk » Tue May 09, 2017 3:33 pm people like this post
I'm seeing the same behavior (unable to detect IP address) with 184.108.40.2063, so it's apparently not in Update 1. The odd piece is that the Util.VolumesHostDiscover_cli.log file on the Synology box shows what appears to be the successful enumeration of IP addresses.