Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kubimike
Veteran
Liked: 41 times
Full Name: MikeO

Anyone else having issues with Backup Copy jobs in V12? -- SLOOOWWWWW

Post by kubimike »

I recently upgraded to V12 because, well, I had to. I put it off for awhile hoping all issues would be cleared by now. My jobs to my cloud provider now crawl. I do still have a V11 guest setup that does backups for one of our legacy apps. It was not pointed to my cloud provider previously. This morning I just pointed it and, yeah from the screenshots below it would appear that old issue in V12 has re-appeared. I do have a ticket open (TAC 07239898) but we got head scratching going on. TAC says its the network thats the bottleneck according to the logs. It seems like a false positive to me. The only factor that has changed is a version upgrade.

Old posting when this problem appeared for V12: veeam-backup-replication-f2/v12-slow-ba ... a5bd8c4649

V11 Speeds behind same firewall/switch --> to same cloud provider V12 points to

V12 Speeds behind same firewall/switch --> to same cloud provider V11 points to
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2361 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Anyone else having issues with Backup Copy jobs in V12? -- SLOOOWWWWW

Post by Mildur »

Hello MikeO

I'm not aware of any known issue.
Please get your cloud connect provider involved in the case. We will require logs from both sites (tenant + cloud connect provider) to have a full picture for further investigation.

One question, did you or the service provider used the "UseUnbufferedAccess" and "DisableHtAsyncIo" reg key in v11?
If so, the key was replaced by a single on in V12.* (DataMoverLegacyIOMode).

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
kubimike
Veteran

Post by kubimike »

I don't see this key on my or the providers side. Should we try it? What does it do ? My V11 is a fresh install and doesn't have speed issues. Still having the issues with v12. Haven't got a solid explanation yet as to why there would be a difference. The PEX values between 11 and 12 are about the same. We can't figure out why there would be such a huge discrepancy in speed. I have a few 30T jobs I haven't started to send to the cloud yet because it will take forever at 100mbps.
kubimike
Veteran

Post by kubimike »

Support still isn't offering any help with this issue. I pointed my veeam server to another cloud provider and its equally slow. I have no resort other then building a new veeam server. No idea how this update has hosed this machine. I'll report back if this was the solution
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2361 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Post by Mildur »

Hi Mike

You can try the key (DataMoverLegacyIOMode). It improves storage speed in some cases.
Support still isn't offering any help with this issue.
Have you already used the "Talk to a manager" option to escalate your case to the next tier?
https://www.veeam.com/kb2320

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
kubimike
Veteran

Post by kubimike »

Hi set DataMoverLegacyIOMode to 1 ? I'll try that and see. I have not tried the manager thing yet. But I will if the registry key fails. Perhaps there is something to learn from this failed upgrade for Veeam.
kubimike
Veteran

Post by kubimike »

Just an update, the Key didn't provide any improvement. We built a brand new Veeam 12 server migrated the configuration over sent a cloud job same dismal performance. As a test we created a brand new primary job to the local repo of the new Veeam 12 server and sent it to the cloud. It was a bit quicker but same dismal performance. Something up with veeamagent.exe in Veeam 12. In Windows Resource monitors my disks are basically idling as it reads data to send to the cloud. The devs are now going to take a look.