Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
anglerzac
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Zac

application aware order of precedence

Post by anglerzac »

In a job which is applied to machines using TAG

I want to make changes to default application aware settings for the job against some machines

so on the application aware screen I have my default object assigned by TAG

If I then add a machine by name and make different settings (its for the file exclusions I want to be different)

Will Veeam honor some order of precedence this way?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: application aware order of precedence

Post by Vitaliy S. »

If you specify exclusions (aka different options) for selected VMs, then the entire job will process all VMs with default setting and then will apply custom logic to the VMs you've specified different settings for. Let me know if that helps!
anglerzac
Influencer

Post by anglerzac »

Thank you,

Does the same principle happen on the Exclusions (for whole disks) section of the virtual machines stage of job editing?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, similar principle is used in VM/disks exclusions.
anglerzac
Influencer

Post by anglerzac »

are you sure, this didn't seem to work for me in the actual disk exclusions
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

Then I'm probably misinterpreting your question, could you please clarify? I meant that you're adding VMs/disks to exclusions list in similar way in both dialogs.
anglerzac
Influencer

Post by anglerzac »

I think I misread the failure message.

I am trying to backup a server with a huge data disk that resides on a different SAN so I'm setting the 0:0 disk only to backup. the SAN with this disk is dedicated to it and it almost completely fills the LUN by design.

Under general options > notifications I have skip free space lower than 5% ticked which is preventing this machine from backing up

is there anyway to bypass this for the specific job, if I untick global notifications in the job it doesn't have that as an option to set just the email related notification settings
JoshuaPostSAMC
Expert
Liked: 22 times

Post by JoshuaPostSAMC »

This last response is different than I understood from the original question, but I have a similar question based on the first post

I have all of my jobs setup based on VMware Tags, so I have Citrix servers, Infrastructure servers, Application, etc. and they automatically add to each job as I tag new VMs.

I want to setup a separate set of tags for No SQL backup, SQL Copy Backup only, and SQL Truncate Logs only. This way my default entry for the Veeam tag is to do SQL backups and transaction logs every 60 minutes, but then on the few exceptions, I could just add an additional VMware tag without needing to go and edit each job. In version 9 this did not work, because it was processing two tag. Has that been fixed in 9.5?
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

is there anyway to bypass this for the specific job, if I untick global notifications in the job it doesn't have that as an option to set just the email related notification settings
Unfortunately, there is no way to disregard a global setting for a particular job. Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software

Post by foggy »

JoshuaPostSAMC wrote:I want to setup a separate set of tags for No SQL backup, SQL Copy Backup only, and SQL Truncate Logs only. This way my default entry for the Veeam tag is to do SQL backups and transaction logs every 60 minutes, but then on the few exceptions, I could just add an additional VMware tag without needing to go and edit each job. In version 9 this did not work, because it was processing two tag. Has that been fixed in 9.5?
As far as I know, this hasn't changed in v9.5, so using the workaround is still recommended.