Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
DanielJ
Service Provider
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Daniel Johansson

Automatically start a job after a scheduled start was missed

Post by DanielJ »

I was wondering if there is some way of making a job start automatically even though its scheduled start was missed, for example if the job was still running at that time. If would be better to having it start late rather than missing that day's backup, at least up to a few hours late. Maybe there is some registry setting?
Natalia Lupacheva
Veteran
Liked: 302 times
Full Name: Natalia Lupacheva

Re: Automatically start a job after a scheduled start was missed

Post by Natalia Lupacheva »

Hi Daniel,

I'm just curious how often you face this situation. Maybe it's easier to fix the job schedule or check the job performance if it happens really often?
If the job takes more time than it's considered by your schedule, I'm not sure re-starting of the missed backups would really help.

Thanks!
DanielJ
Service Provider
Liked: 32 times
Full Name: Daniel Johansson

Re: Automatically start a job after a scheduled start was missed

Post by DanielJ »

It would just be useful to have the choice to automatically start the backup late, rather than having to do it manually. It's not necessarily a problem with performance, it might just be that someone added a large amount of data and it just takes a long time to read it. I don't know what could be done with the job schedule, we don't want to schedule jobs to run more than once a day. Since this option is apparently not there today, let me put it as a feature request to have this on the Schedule page of a job:

[x] If the job could not be started on time (for whatever reason), start it when possible, but no more than [3] hours late.