- Posts: 103
- Liked: 3 times
- Joined: May 22, 2015 7:16 am
- Full Name: Paul
1. Following a restore of a database then obviously an image level backup needs to be taken for the transaction log backup to work
2. Restoring a full VM has worked with no issues apart from the restored VM not being available in Enterprise Manager for around 24 hours. I have a support job open for this. If I rebuild the roles the job fails. The first time I restored a VM (16th) the issue resolved itself after around 24 hours so maybe there is some sort of job that updated this
3. Following the restore the VM needs to be removed from the backup job and added again as it is essentially a new object
4. Run the image level backup job again to add the restored node back to the transaction log backup.
I appreciate this will be teaching most of you to suck eggs but I found it useful hence sharing it.
I still haven't tried the registry key mentioned above as we are still discussing this internally. If we disable the copy only backup on the second node and then this becomes the primary we could end up in a situation where we do not have a backup of the SQL database.
Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 12 guests