Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
plec
Novice
Liked: never

Backup Copy add another start but it's wrong

Post by plec »

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with a backup copy. It's not a new one, this backup copy had work for several months without any issues.

What this backup copy do :
This backup copy take the backup from my infrastructure at -1 Day (Vsphere btw) and put it on a RDX tape.
We change the tape every day so we have planned a script to delete the old files before the next copy, at 8 pm.
She start at 3:30 am every day, so after the "delete script" from the last day.

What's the problem :
Last week I had the same issue but I didn't find anything, and today, one week and a half later, this issue appear again.
My Backup copy launch herserlf at 6pm, without any indications from me.
Of course, because the script which delete the files hadn't work at this time of the day, she can't copy anything because the tape is full.
So we had an error, even if the backup copy resolve herserlf, because she try and try until the script delete the old files and let her do her copy.

If anyone had an idea, let me know if I am enough clear in my explanations, I can provide screenshots too (even though my software is in French).
Thank you by advance.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup Copy add another start but it's wrong

Post by foggy »

Any chance there was a recent copy interval (or any other job setting) change that could cause this behavior?
plec
Novice

Post by plec »

Thank you for your reply, unfortunately, we haven't change anything recently in the other jobs processes or inside Veeam Software (no update, except the Windows Server 2016).

The main backup job is doing a backup of a folder from our Vpshere, where we have all of our VM from the production.
We have add some VM recently in this folder so this main job has evolve on his own to backup these too, but nothing more (these new VMs weren't added in the backup copy job).
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I recommend asking support to review the setup and logs, if required.
plec
Novice

Post by plec »

I will go through them and call them if necessary, thanks