Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mmonroe
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Monroe

Backup Copy Job / V9 / Max Concurrent Tasks

Post by mmonroe »

You can limit the number of "Max Concurrent Tasks" via the Proxie settings in Veeam. This will basically limit the number of simultaneous VM's being processed by the proxie.

Basically if you have this set to 10, for example, if you kick off a backup job with 100 VM's Veeam will run 10 of them at the same time and as soon as one finished it will more to keep the queue of 10 running until finished.

Backup Copy Jobs do not seem to be abiding by this proxie setting. They seem to launch all of the VM's and run them all simultaneously even if there are 30, 40, 50 or more in the job. I tested this with V9 base and now with V9 Update 1 and the behavior is the same.

Shouldn't backup copy jobs abide by the max concurrent task setting for the proxie just like standard backup jobs do? I am thinking "yes" and nobody has noticed or turned it in to support yet?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Backup Copy Job / V9 / Max Concurrent Tasks

Post by PTide »

Hi,
Basically if you have this set to 10, for example, if you kick off a backup job with 100 VM's Veeam will run 10 of them at the same time and as soon as one finished it will more to keep the queue of 10 running until finished.
It will run 10 virtual disks. 1 task = 1 disk. Please keep in mind, that in case you use network transport mode the number of concurrent NFC connections to ESXi host will be limited by 7 thus only 7 disks will be processed.
Backup Copy Jobs do not seem to be abiding by this proxie setting. They seem to launch all of the VM's and run them all simultaneously even if there are 30, 40, 50 or more in the job. I tested this with V9 base and now with V9 Update 1 and the behavior is the same.
Backup Copy job works between repositories directly, please set the limit in a repo settings.

Thank you.