Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rjlewis
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Richard Lewis

Backup Defragment/Compact Schedule

Post by rjlewis »

Using VB&R 9.5

I have a backup job configured with forever forward incremental backup which is scheduled to run daily at 12:30AM. A synthetic full is included for Saturday. The backup job is also configured to perform the maintenance tasks defragment and compact on first Sunday of the month, and the health check on the second Sunday of the month. I chose Sunday because it is a quiet day with no tape copies being produced - at least on those first 2 weekends of the month.

Today (3/1/17), I was wondering why the backup to tape run had not completed (which follows the daily disk backup Tuesday-Saturday AM), and discovered that the compacting of the full backup was running today instead of on Sunday (1/1/17).

Why didn't the compaction task run on Sunday?
Mike Resseler
Product Manager
Liked: 1263 times
Full Name: Mike Resseler

Re: Backup Defragment/Compact Schedule

Post by Mike Resseler »

Richard,

Hard to tell why it didn't run. Without logs it will be difficult to figure out what is going on and why did it run on Tuesday (did it start on Sunday or only started on Tuesday?)

I would look a little bit more into the History tab of the UI and see what exactly has happened. If it is completely wrong and not per your settings, I would log a support call so that our engineers can dive deeper in the logs to figure out what is happening

Mike