- Posts: 2
- Liked: never
- Joined: Jul 30, 2010 3:49 am
- Full Name: Nawir
My client has mixed environment of windows and linux.
Their windows is in vm or physical server in VMware ESX and Hyper-V
1. Let say veeam in 1x physical server.
Can it backup itself
Can it backup other windows or linux physical server
2. Because veeam need to backup vm instance in Hyper-V and ESX
Can I buy 1x veeam license for Hyper-V and 1x Veeam ESX license and use both license in that 1x Veeam physical server or
Can I buy 1x license that can be used for both Hyper-V and ESX
- Posts: 282
- Liked: 26 times
- Joined: Nov 10, 2010 6:51 pm
- Full Name: Seth Bartlett
2. We license per physical processor of the host that the VMs are on. You would need a license for Hyper-V and VMWare and they can be placed on one license so one instance of Veeam can backup VMs from both hypervisors.
If my post was helpful, please like it. Sometimes twitter is quicker to hit me up if you need me.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 23 guests