Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
L33T
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: V334M

Backup repositories and clusters

Post by L33T »

Hi,

I have a CSV cluster which is backed up using Veeam 8. At present the backup server is a single DL180G6 with 12x3TB drives, this is becoming full so i`m looking for a solution where i can bolt on storage as required. I was considering a D2600 on the back and then extending the RAID1+0 array. Are their any better solutions for this? Also as i`m running a single backup job that picks up all the VM`s in my CSV environment, can this be broken down into multiple jobs easily and then used across the repository? I only dont have the enterprise plus license for scale out when i upgrade to v9 so planning how i manage this?

Cheers,
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Backup repositories and clusters

Post by foggy »

L33T wrote:I was considering a D2600 on the back and then extending the RAID1+0 array. Are their any better solutions for this?
Here's the thread with backup target recommendations.
L33T wrote:Also as i`m running a single backup job that picks up all the VM`s in my CSV environment, can this be broken down into multiple jobs easily and then used across the repository? I only dont have the enterprise plus license for scale out when i upgrade to v9 so planning how i manage this?
Yes, you can split the job into multiple ones, here's the procedure.