Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
petitbleu
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: LE COQ MANUEL

Backup & Restore by user

Post by petitbleu »

Hello,
I just had a special request from a client. And I want confirmation before replying.
It is a service company developing over several countries in Europe. It uses a large architecture vmware to test their development.
They want a product that allows you to backup and restore, all managed by the responsible development and not the service management infrastructure.
After consideration, I feel that the virtual lab applications only allow to test the backup, not a restoration that overrides the virtual machine product.
The second question is it possible to delegate rights to Veeam, but acceded to the preservation or restoration is essential to Veeam accessing the server. There are no customer Veeam or web interface to configure the jobs to be accessible from the workstation?
Cordially
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6648 times

Re: Backup & Restore by user

Post by Gostev »

petitbleu wrote:After consideration, I feel that the virtual lab applications only allow to test the backup, not a restoration
Wow, have you had a chance to review sticky FAQ topic and recorded product demos referenced there? Our U-AIR feature and it workflow is designed from ground up exactly for this - application item restores managed by users, application owners and development :D
petitbleu wrote:that overrides the virtual machine product
This phrase does not make any sense to me?
petitbleu wrote:The second question is it possible to delegate rights to Veeam, but acceded to the preservation or restoration is essential to Veeam accessing the server. There are no customer Veeam or web interface to configure the jobs to be accessible from the workstation?
Enterprise Manager web UI is designed for job management. We also have roles available in Windows UI such as Restore Operator to make sure users can only do specific tasks they are allowed to.