some tips for offsite backup.
- Configure primary Jobs to backup to local storage.
- Create a seed of the primary Job. Transfer it to the remote location
- Then configure BC Job to use GFS Retention and send it to remote Repositories. Map it to the seed. "Map backup...."
- Use dedicated Proxies on each site, with local Storage for them.
- For primary Job and BC Job set Storage Optimization to LAN or WAN Target. Depends on you Line capacities. This sets the blocksize for the backupfiles.
- For very poor wan lines use WAN accelerator feature.
How many GFS points you define depends on your recovery policies. F.e.: If you want to recover the data for about 12 Months on a weekly basis you need to configure 52 weekly GFS Points. Or for one year on a monthly basis you need to keep 12 Monthly GFS Points.
Hope this helps you a little bit.