Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ccclapp
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Caleb C Clapp

BU Copy to Off-Site B&R Server (an easy way?)

Post by ccclapp »

Noob Here

I am testing B&R and Win Agents for a small company. I have local BU jobs running at 2 locations to local repositories.

I would like to create BU Copy jobs to maintain a 2nd and off-site copy of Location A BUs at Location B and vice versa. (similarly this is to maintain a Master Archive at location A of both location's BUs and then move parts of the Master to AWS, etc, but likely that's another post to follow).

Is there a simple way to send a BU Copy to another location, e.g. just adding WAN IP of BU servers and port forwarding through routers into each location, or is it more complex than that? My hope is to use lower licensing versions (aka less expensive) versions of B&R (and Agents) and not get into the full-blown enterprise oriented (priced) Veeam packages. I DON'T need free, but don't want to break the bank or our limited IT prowess. Thus the basic port-forward concept. If so, what ports? Alternatively would a simple VPN work?

Thanks!!
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: BU Copy to Off-Site B&R Server (an easy way?)

Post by Shestakov »

Hello, looks like you just need to get familiar with backup copy jobs as they do want you are asking. And the job is available in all product editions.
Thanks!