Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Kazuha
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Kaedehara Kazuha

Can I start Veeam Services manually?

Post by Kazuha »

When the system boots, Veeam Services will start automatically, but it will cost a lot of system memory, I use Veeam for family use and I backup my files once a week.
So I have 3 questions:
1. Can I manually start Veeam Services when I want to use Veeam while at other times Veeam Services completely turn off?
2. Is there a setting that I can choose "Start Veeam Service on boot"?
3. Is there a setting panel that I can start or stop all Veeam Services with one click like Veritas backup exec? Now I use the system service panel to open or stop Veeam Services one by one.

Thanks!
Kazuha
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: Can I start Veeam Services manually?

Post by Mildur »

Hi Kazuha

Is this about Veeam Backup & Replication or the Veeam Agent? If you use standalone veeam Agents, then memory usage should be ok. The requirement is to have minimum 2GB. For VBR, we need more Memory because it runs much more components (proxy, repo, backup server, gateway server,…)
1. Can I manually start Veeam Services when I want to use Veeam while at other times Veeam Services completely turn off?
For your scenario (home network, unregular backups) it‘s totally fine to stop all veeam services if you don‘t want to do daily backups.
2. Is there a setting that I can choose "Start Veeam Service on boot"?
The startup behavior is configured in windows service console. If you don‘t want to start them at boot time, change the startup type to manual.
3. Is there a setting panel that I can start or stop all Veeam Services with one click like Veritas backup exec? Now I use the system service panel to open or stop Veeam Services one by one.
We don‘t have central console to stop all services.
But you can use PowerShell for VBR or the Agent. Just make sure, that no backups or restores are running when you stop the services.

Stop all Veeam related services:

Code: Select all

Get-Service Veeam* | Stop-Service
Start all Veeam related services:

Code: Select all

Get-Service Veeam* | Start-Service
Thanks
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software