Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
dmalishkin
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Daniel M

Cannot Connect to Server 2501 Error

Post by dmalishkin »

Hi,

I have Veeam 4.1 and everything works fine locally except recently i wanted to replicate few of the VM machines over to our Data Center over WAN link. I can browse the remote ESX host with no issues, SSL, SSH and ports 2500-2550 are open on the remote firewall.

When i start the job on my local side, it starts creating snapshot and goes through and then says
Cannot connect to server [192.168.1.55:2501] thats my local ip address of the ESX host here locally.

Any ideas, i see this error before on this forums but no one really said how they fixed this issue.

Thanks
Alexey D.

Re: Cannot Connect to Server 2501 Error

Post by Alexey D. »

Hello Daniel,

This looks like a firewall issue, please open this port on your local ESX host.
Have you noticed this post when searching? Re: Cannot connect to server :2500
It describes the process, please try.
dmalishkin
Novice

Post by dmalishkin »

Thanks. That doesn't help. I already escalated this to Veeam but at this point i am just submiting logs. Let me clarify the situation a bit so i don't get to the point;

Location A

ANAKIN - ESX Server 4 - name
Veeam Server 4.1 (on windows 2008 no firewall is enabled, no anti-virus)

Location B (NO IP-SEC or VPN is established back to the Location A)
Firewall (configured to nat port 443, 902, 2500-2600, SSH to an internal IP address, this is Cisco ASA5510)
VADER - ESX Server 4

Problem: When i start a replication job on the veeam server which replicates VMs from ANAKIN --> VADER it starts the job, checks the space on both ESX servers then does a snapshot then errors out saying Cannot connect to server [ANAKIN:2500]

* ALl other local replicaiton jobs at Location A run fine
* I tested putty connection with Root elevation and both ANAKIN and VADER work fine, i can browse their directories.
* I even tried opening ALL ports at Location B to Location A but that doesn't do anything.

NOTE: ESX Firewalls are controlled by Veeam SSL/SOAP connection apperently they login and disable the firewall momentarly while they do the backup then they re-enable firewall back when they finish with the job. This is what i got from Veeam Rep today.

Let me know what I am doing wrong.
dmalishkin
Novice

Post by dmalishkin »

Alexey,

Just to let you know I also got on ESX host and opened the 2500-2600 ports UDP and TCP .. that didn't help.