Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
bhagen
Expert
Liked: 29 times

Case #04959145 — Gathering logs for a single job takes over an hour to complete

Post by bhagen »

I searched for info on this but couldn't find anything, so I've created a ticket.

I thought I'd also bring it up here in case others are experiencing the same thing, but rather than regurgitate the entire ticket, I'll just copy / paste some specifics:
  • While creating my first support ticket after migrating to v11 and VUL, I noticed it was taking slightly over an hour to gather logs for a single job. ?? Before v11, this same process took 10 minutes at the most. I've confirmed this by gathering logs for another single job; it takes the same amount of time...slightly over an hour. And logs are gathered for every component in my Veeam environment...components that have nothing to do with the job I'm trying to gather logs for.
  • Conversely, if I "Export all logs for selected components" and choose 5 or 6 "heavy hitter" components, it only takes about 10 minutes to gather the logs.
Anybody else experiencing this?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Case #04959145 — Gathering logs for a single job takes over an hour to complete

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

Looks unexpected and should be investigated - thanks for opening a case!
bhagen
Expert
Liked: 29 times

Re: Case #04959145 — Gathering logs for a single job takes over an hour to complete

Post by bhagen »

Just an update: I discovered that this is happening specifically and only (and consistently) when gathering logs for CDP jobs, and relayed that to the techs on the case. That should cut down the time it takes to isolate the cause and find a fix!