Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pkelly_sts
Veteran
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: Paul Kelly

Change of email address in support portal

Post by pkelly_sts »

Not sure if this is the best place to raise this but support couldn't help me on the matter so I thought I'd raise it here.

I've changed my email address at work a number of times over the last few years (crazy situation where the company doesn't seem to realise the value of domains & changes them on a whim!) and have been running on a very old address for some time now which has just been decomm'd so I have no choice but to change.

Except, I can't! I was told by online chat with support portal that it is not possible to change an email address and that I'd have to create a new account, losing all of my previous case history in the process!

Surely this is not correct?

I couldn't raise a case to have it looked at because my "old" account lost case administrator access with the change in February but the license administrator for our account granted it to my current email address (I have no idea if he created me a profile or what) so I've just forced a password reset on that email address & logged in just so I could get a case raised for a licensing issue I've been trying to solve for a while.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Change of email address in support portal

Post by veremin »

I've just had a chat with support team. According to them, it should be possible to merge support accounts. In order to do so submit a request through "my.veeam.com -> talk to manager" form. Thanks.
pkelly_sts
Veteran
Liked: 66 times
Full Name: Paul Kelly

Re: Change of email address in support portal

Post by pkelly_sts »

Ah excellent news, I guessed it should be possible somehow! Thanks, I'll get onto them...