Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
danblee
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Dan B. Lee

Changing Destination Resource Pool on Existing Replication

Post by danblee »

Hi all!

I have a replication job that's run a few times now. I didn't specify a destination resource pool before hand. I now have a replica sitting on the root of the destination host. If I edit the settings of the job and point the job's replications to a resource pool, will the job still know to use what's already there and only replicate the differential data from the source VM? Or does the job check the resource pool, see there's no VM in it, and build a new replica from scratch?

Thanks in advance!
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6647 times

Re: Changing Destination Resource Pool on Existing Replicati

Post by Gostev » 1 person likes this post

Hi Dan, I do not have a user interface handy (at home now), but I am fairly sure you cannot edit this once the job is created. But, I would try just moving the VM to the correct resource pool using vSphere client - this should not brake anything. Theoretically, creating new replica can only be caused by changing the storage. Thanks!
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Changing Destination Resource Pool on Existing Replicati

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Dan, I can confirm that moving VMs across different destination resource pools shouldn't brake anything. Also just looked at the UI, you can change the target RP within the job settings with no issues. Hope this helps!