- Posts: 277
- Liked: 21 times
- Joined: Jan 02, 2014 4:45 pm
Copy every: 5 days
Restore points to keep: 3 days
GFS: 1 weekly, 84 monthly , 0 everything else
I had initially set weekly to 1 to get a sealed backup quicker so that I don't have to wait 30 days for the monthly. But now that I am past that point, I don't want weekly VBKs anymore. So far I have an "M" and a "W" archive point on this job with the M from Jan 4th and W from Jan 13th.
1. To only get monthly VBKs created moving forward, do I simply change the weekly from 1 to 0 in GFS settings?
2. With the above change, what will happen to the current Jan 4th M restore point and Jan 13th W restore point?
3. Any issues with changing the GFS settings while the W and M points are being offloaded currently?
PS: thanks for the continued help received through these forums. It's been very helpful as we ramp up our use of Veeam.
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 5126
- Liked: 681 times
- Joined: Sep 01, 2014 11:46 am
- Location: Austria
2: retention will be applied and the restore point will be deleted
3: no - the software is able to handle retention changes
PS: you are welcome
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 31 guests