Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
rhnb
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Allan Nelson

Changing repository servers

Post by rhnb »

I currently have 2 Linux repository servers (VMs) which both have the same NFS mounted DataDomain storage.
All is working fine and has been for over a year.

I've just added a third repository server ( a physical Linux box ) which has the DD storage NFS mounted (same directory that the 2 above use).

I went to my "Test" job and changed the repository server to the new physical box and the backup has run successfully, but it's created another directory called "Test_1" where it's stored the backup.

Is there any way I can get it to use the original "Test" directory? I did try using the other VM repository server to check what would happen and as I thought, it created a directory "Test_2". Reverting back to the original repository server it created "Test_3"!
I tried using the 'Import' option when I set up the physical repository server, but that just shows the Test group under 'Imported' in the GUI.
Am I missing something here or is it not possible to switch repository servers even though they're all pointing to to the same area, without it generating a new directory?

Apologies if this isn't very clear! ;-)

allan.
rhnb
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Allan Nelson

Re: Changing repository servers

Post by rhnb »

Doh!
Just so no-one wastes their time with this. I just found the 'Map Backup' option.
I'm guessing that's going to do what I want.
Cheeers... Allan.