Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
spzsoft
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Basilio Speziale

Clone server win VBR essential

Post by spzsoft »

I need to split the actual server with V B&R essential enterprice in two server for divide agent task from vm task (I have two license file but the commercial tell me that in the essential version is not posible merge the two license file).
I have esported the VM and reimported without lan adapter active, I modified job in cloned vm as it serves and finaly I applied sysprep comand to the cloned server. After reboot and reconfigured required parameter the veeam bacup services are stopped and there's no way to get then bak, in event viewer is reported a database error.
The original server is joined to a domain and the sysprep removes the cloned server from domain without toucing the original.
The idea was after a sysprep change name server, rective LN interface with new mac address and join the new named server to domain
nielsengelen
Product Manager
Liked: 1181 times
Full Name: Niels Engelen

Re: Clone server win VBR essential

Post by nielsengelen »

We advise to do a clean install when setting up a new VBR server. This way we can assure things are always working as is. Cloning requires a lot of fixing.
Personal blog: https://foonet.be
GitHub: https://github.com/nielsengelen
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Correct, and there's the configuration backup functionality in case you need to preserve most of the settings.
spzsoft
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Basilio Speziale

Post by spzsoft » 1 person likes this post

I have reconfiured the database connection using "Veeam.Backup.DBConfig.exe". The problem was in the name of the server, the sysprep procedure rename the server with a new name while VBE try to connect to the BD with the old server name
Tanks