Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
SportinSS
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Antonio Loffi-Lara

Cloud Connect - GoDaddy Wildcard SSL

Post by SportinSS »

Hey there!

We are new to Veeam, so i know i'm going to ask stupid questions. But here it does.

We are setting up a Cloud Connect server to host our customers VM's, but when i go to install the SSL certificate i am running into a problem.
The certificate in Cloud Connect installs fine, it's a GoDaddy Wildcard SSL cert. But when i am at a Backup and Replication server, and connect to a new Service Provider, i get an error about an unknown cert.

Has anyone ran into this issue?

I can do a self-signed cert, and that works fine.

If i have to get another SSL cert that's single name, that's OK. But we already pay for our wildcard, so i would love to use it.

Thanks,

Tony
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Cloud Connect - GoDaddy Wildcard SSL

Post by foggy »

Antonio, please check whether you're specifying the same connection parameters that are contained in certificate (IP or DNS name). If everything is correct, please contact support, logs should help in defining the reason of the issue.

Also, please apply for the Veeam Cloud Provider group membership (using Usergroup settings in the User Control Panel) to get access to the dedicated Cloud Providers forum. This discussion will be moved there as well.
dellock6
VeeaMVP
Liked: 1928 times
Full Name: Luca Dell'Oca

Re: Cloud Connect - GoDaddy Wildcard SSL

Post by dellock6 »

I can't authorize yet Antonio to the VCSP forums since his company is a prospect. You need first of all to apply for the VCSP provider program. Even the simple "registered" level is ok, and it doesn't require any commitment.
Luca Dell'Oca
Principal EMEA Cloud Architect @ Veeam Software

@dellock6
https://www.virtualtothecore.com/
vExpert 2011 -> 2022
Veeam VMCE #1